I had a great day today. I first went to tour the Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency in Minneapolis. I had been trying to find a non-profit whose mission I agreed with and that would accept hand-knit items, and I have definitely found it. The MVNA provides health care and health education to people throughout the metro area, and are focused on pediatrics and gereatrics. I was surprised to find out that they are the ones carrying out a program the City of Minneapolis is committed to involving the care and education for teen mothers preceeding the birth and two years afterwards. You will likely be hearing more about MVNA since I am going to be knitting and crocheting things for them in the future.
After that, I headed over to Northwest Eye Clinic to find out if I'm a candidate for LASIK surgery, and it turns out I am!!!! I'm actually going to have it done on Thursday next week and my aunts have graciously agreed to drive me there and pick me up, and my aunt and uncle have graciously allowed me to stay overnight at their place. I am so excited!!!! I realize that it may not get me to 20/20 vision, but I have high hopes. I have talked to many people who have had the procedure done and each one of them has been extremely happy with the results and don't regret it at all. It also helps that I trust the doctor performing the procedure since he was the one that diagnosed my contact exhaustion a couple of years ago when no one else could.
By this time next week, I will be walking around WITHOUT GLASSES!!!!!!
28 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweet :) Hope it goes well! Two of my uncles absolutely loved their procedures, but my dad has done it twice and still isn't happy with it... I may check it out too, since I'm tired of contacts, but I am also nervous. Good luck, and let me know how it goes!!
Post a Comment