09 May 2008

Is it really May 9th already?

We're doing another bike ride tomorrow morning, but this one is going to be 30 miles (much more manageable!). It's put on by the MS Society and we are going to start in Maplewood and the primary trail will be the Greenway. The route isn't entirely clear to me since they didn't provide a route map beforehand, but it will go south from Maplewood to north St. Paul and loop around, I believe.

Since the weather isn't going to be that great, we decided on the 30 mile route. There was an option to do a 60 mile route, but not only was I not sure about it in decent weather, I'm definitely not wanting to do anything longer than 30 in crummy weather.

I got to bike to work a lot last week since the weather was so nice. I rented a locker and have access to a shower, so I've been leaving the apartment earlier and showering when I get into downtown. I know that I like showing up to work feeling very clean, but I'm not sure if enough to justify renting a locker and everything (not like it's expensive, but it's still something). I have another month-and-a-half to decide if I want to continue renting it. I may find that I like it even more once summer hits.

Work is getting more and more busy. We have new budget software that's going live on Tuesday which is making everyone's workload a little crazy. Although I wasn't really heavily involved in the data uploads, I spent the last two days completely revising all of the training materials that we are going to start using next week. The funniest thing about it is that I haven't had formal training on the system, so I feel like I really don't know anything about it and I'm going to be training people starting next week! haha

It's a fairly intuitive system though which I think is a major improvement from the current budgeting system. It looks very similar to an Excel spreadsheet, which I think will put people at ease immediately. Anyway, with the bike ride tomorrow morning and plans for pretty much all day Sunday, I'm hoping I can find a lot of time to just read and relax, to clear my mind before the true craziness hits in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: