17 May 2008

Knitting Podcasts

I've been listening to various podcasts for a while now - the ones I listen to most often are This American Life and Radio Lab. I have now found myself listening to some knitting podcasts. Yes, knitting podcasts. While searching through a list of crafty podcasts, I came across Knit Picks, which is a company-sponsored podcast and the woman who hosts it talks about a variety of topics such as all about the various kinds of fibers, good books to look at if you want to knit a sweater, etc. I've been inspired to learn more about the different fibers from that one.

Right now I am working on knitting a small Christmas stocking in hopes of making a larger one soonish. I wanted to see how this pattern turned out before I start making my own modifications to it. I also have to decide what kind of yarn I want to use to make my mom a bunch of handmade Christmas stockings...something to discuss when I come up there?? I have to consult Pokey too to ask her opinion about what colors she wants. hee hee

1 comment:

gina said...

I like Cast-on too :)