In order to take a much needed sanity break from school work, Chris and I went to see 300 last night. Such a great movie! It totally pumped me up - the honor, the courage, the hotness. Oh yeah, did I mention how incredible looking all those Spartans were? Constant eye candy, and it wasn't just because of their perfectly cut bodies - it was more because of their fearless and strong personalities (which is the same reason why I thought the new James Bond was so hot).
The graphic novel-like cinematography really made the movie more interesting. It was very similar to the way Sin City was done. What set this movie apart though is the true story behind it - absolutely incredible. 300 Spartans versus tens of thousands of Persians. The Spartans did have help from about 700 Thespians, but they were certainly not of the same caliber. Xerxes, the Persian king, was portrayed as having demonic qualities, making him out to be a monster. It's clear to see why the Iranians were upset by the movie.
I would definitely recommend seeing it in the theaters. This movie must be seen on the big screen - or on a really big T.V. Very good movie and it has it all.
05 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment