It's a miracle - I made dinner Friday night for my aunt and uncle, my mom, and 'Topher. It was a combination of Tuscany chicken, from scratch Pecan Popovers, Garden Potatoes (along the lines of twice-baked potatoes) and Frozen Citrus Pie for dessert. It was pretty good, although much to my dismay, I had the popovers too close to the top of the oven and they got a little dark, so anyone I send the recipe to, make sure they are in the middle. I know Mom, I should drop it.
For the past two Christmases I have been giving my aunt and uncle a certificate for a homemade dinner, and I try to go all out. I have to say that the big dinner that I made for them last year was more exciting (a Mexican-themed dinner), but this year's was still good. It's kind of funny because I've never cooked for my parents and so I will have to go up north sometime and cook for them since Dad didn't get to come down.
Cooking is fun, but only when I have the time. It is neat to be able to try new recipes out on people since I usually make stuff that I've never made before. Cross your fingers for an invitation to one of my grand meals, but don't count on it :)
08 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is TRUE! She really can cook. We only had to wait 4 months for our dinner. I know some parents who are still waiting after 23 years. It was well worth the wait. For all you out there still waiting....don't just cross your fingers, say a little prayer, think positive, hire a voodoo root doctor, stick little reminder notes in all her pockets, give her the "poor hungry puppy" look, let your stomach growl real loud, whistle the theme song of the Anthony Bourdain Cooking Show in her presence, plaster the coupon she gives you for a homemade dinner at eye level on the refrig door.....Maybe someday soon you will get to taste the culinery genious that we have had the pleasure to enjoy! 5 STARS to Michelita!
Post a Comment