I'm one of the weird ones that likes winter. After this weekend of beautiful weather, I am looking forward to spring too. But you just know we're going to have some freak weather because we're in Minnesota. Mother Nature likes to remind us that she's in control not matter how much we don't want her to be sometimes.
Work is interesting right now partly because of the transition to a new boss (the new hierarchy in the tiny division). When we sit down for a weekly meeting, it's basically five minutes of me saying what I've been working on without any questions. She doesn't know much about the projects I'm working on since she just started a month-and-a-half ago, and I'm guessing she's overwhelmed with the breadth and depth of topics we're involved in.
I'm kind of concerned as to how the budget book process is going considering we're hoping to go to print next Friday, and as far as I know, we're not finished entering data into our budget system meaning we haven't started revising the document itself. I've been trying to figure out how to approach this with the new boss. She hasn't asked how we've did things last time, so maybe she's coming up with her own method or maybe she's wrapped up with other stuff.
The good thing is that all this free time has allowed me to teach myself about how our activity based costing software works and about how to overcome the challenges of Microsoft Access. I'm in the process of rebuilding a cost allocation model we use to distribute the costs of the City's General Fund. I'm going nerd on you, so I'll leave it at that and say that I'm learning good skills.
24 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ha - i totally tracked it all ;) similar to what goes on here.
dinner soon?
Post a Comment