21 June 2008

Sew those blocks!

I accomplished my goal for the weekend already: I got all of the yarn tails sewn in the blocks and laid the blocks out to figure out the best way to integrate the old yarn with the new. The reason I had to lay it out is because the brown yarn I'm using is a darker brown than what my mom used, and the green is a brighter green compared to the olive shade my mom used. I wanted to make sure I laid out the squares in such a way that it didn't make those differences stand out.

After putting all of the squares in neat piles, I began the next process: sewing all of the blocks together. This is going to take some time. I first am sewing nine square long strips that I will then join together. I'm looking forward to being done with this process already because I definitely prefer crocheting to sewing (the same with knitting). I'm sure that most knitters feel the same way. So what I'm really saying is that I hope you appreciate this throw Mom!

In all honesty, I'm quite happy that Mom had this project sitting in the closet because it was a great motivator to learn how to crochet, and to make something spectacular on my first go. It is time I put up a picture of the project so that all of you can marvel at the '70s-ness of it (girl not included):

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I DO!!!