27 April 2008

...After

Well, the ride didn't go as well as I hoped, but I'm glad I attempted it! I got to about 38 miles I think, but I'm going to tell everyone 40 :) Unfortunately my asthma kicked in hardcore and I decided that I had to stop.

The weather was pretty good for me, except for the fact that we were riding into the wind for the majority of the portion of the ride I did. Most people would say that it was pretty chilly outside (it was about 38 degrees when we started at quarter after seven); I thought it was nice.

The terrain was basically a bunch of rolling hills which my asthma found difficult to handle. I kept struggling through it for a while, and I found the rest stops quite lovely because it was a good opportunity to get some food and give my toes a chance to un-numb. The reason my toes were numb was more because I wasn't pedaling correctly, not because of the cool weather.

In a way, I was disappointed that I didn't get farther than I did, but I'm just not in good enough shape yet. Maybe towards the end of the season, I'll be able to complete a longer ride. I have to admit that I much prefer shorter rides, especially riding to work. I'm still going to do longer rides though (long as in about 30-40 miles I think). Like I said before, I'm glad that I attempted the ride, and actually the longest ride I did last season was 41 miles, so I think I did pretty good overall.

2 comments:

Christopher Mitchell said...

Good stuff! Remember why we fall down - so we can pick ourselves up, eh? =)

Michelita said...

That is very true Batman, I mean Chris :)