15 April 2008

Road bike riding

This weekend was my first trip outdoors with my road bike, and it was great! Even though road bikes are typically terrible at absorbing shocks, my bike is pretty decent, partly because of that funny looking shock under the seat. It was weird for a bit being on such a small wheel, but I got used to it. I haven't tried out my cleats outside yet because I need to practice getting out of the pedal some more that happens.

I commuted to work yesterday with my road bike. It was the greatest thing ever to not have the bag on my back! And the road bike seems so much more effortless (there was plenty of effort, don't worry). After two long rides over the weekend, my legs were pretty darn tired yesterday. It truly was absolutely beautiful weather though. Perfect for biking and just being outdoors!

No comments: