Last night, I joined LifeTime Fitness once again. I had been a member during my first year of grad school when I had the time to take care of my body. Then my trip to Peru came around and I didn't want to pay the fees while I was out of the country, so I had to cancel. Then my second year of grad school was bearing down upon me, and I was spending a lot of time with this guy...psst: that guy was Chris :)
So now after having secured a steady income, desiring more hobbies (besides knitting and rock climbing), and wanting to improve my endurance and strength for climbing as well as lose a little bit of weight, I decided to join once more. My first night, I went to a yoga class. Unfortunately it wasn't that good (the instructor was a sub and I had difficulty understanding her), but in the future it will be better. I'm hoping that I will get back into running and I'm really hoping to get back into a cardio kickboxing class. I had the most fun in those classes.
I also am participating in Get Fit Twin Cities with some co-workers. It's a program that's aiming at getting people active and to make physical activity and improved diet part of their routine. We will all be tracking our minutes and at the end of this four-month campaign, we'll have a certain amount of points which can get us prizes. Obviously, it's more about being more active as well as having a healthy connection with co-workers.
I'm most excited about being able to work out with Kim because her training will inspire me to not be such a pansy and challenge myself.
So wish me luck! I'll keep everyone updated on my fitness achievements, because I know you're all DYING to know :)
16 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No pansy-asses!
We heard about the Get Fit Twin Cities on the news. Good for you! Looking forward to seeing you in February. Love Mom
Post a Comment