21 January 2008

Girls Sunday

Yesterday, I got together with Kim, Autumn, and a few more of Kim's friends for a movie, dinner, and knitting. We started off the day with the movie 27 Dresses. It left us all feeling all warm and fuzzy inside - it was an incredible chick-flick. I almost started to cry at several points because I now get emotional at movies. It felt so good though, and we couldn't stop talking about it at dinner.

After dinner (which meant stuffing ourselves with waffle fries among other things), we headed over to Kim's place where we took over the living room. Various projects were being worked on: scarves, hats, baby booties, etc. We had fun regardless. I was trying to finish up a scarf I made for Chris, which meant weaving in the ends, my least favorite part of knitting. Actually, I hate that part of knitting. But I finally got it done and tested it out when I ventured out into the cold to my car.

I started on a pair of mittens for myself with some funky yarn that is all sorts of colors (red, pink, orange, yellow, magenta); it will look really cool once they are done. But since I've never done mittens before, I have a feeling that I will mess up a few times like I did the socks. Part of the learning process.

We watched Green Bay lose to the Giants in overtime, which was disappointing. Then the last three of us (Kim, Autumn, and myself) headed over to my apartment for some poker. Autumn's boyfriend James and Chris took us on. I ended the night fairly well, only 22 cents lost. Mind you, most of my winnings occurred in the very last hand when James kept raising me and I rose right back (come on! I had five-of-a-kind!). That happened the night before when we were at Chris's parents' house to hang out with his parents. I got Chris to give up some money when I had five-of-a-kind. That hand was more exciting though because I had to use all my chips (which were very few at the time).

All in all it was a very enjoyable weekend, which is continuing today (holiday!). We are going to go climbing and see The Golden Compass at Riverview. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So - did the car start and run well in the cold? Dad and I didn't leave the house all weekend - way too cold! I have to work today - no fair. Did the apartment stay warm?

Love Mom

gina said...

sounds fun. i just started my first pair of socks, which is of course in a difficult cable pattern ;) no fun if it's too easy, i guess.