It's amazing to me that my three days of working last week left me completely drained by Friday. Then one of my co-workers reminded me it was normal to have that reaction after the holidays. I can't even express how happy I was to come home Friday night. I immediately started knitting and watched my brand new DVD of A Muppet Christmas Carol.
Later that evening, Chris and I met some friends at the climbing gym, and I climbed better than I had for several weeks. I am finally getting back to climbing 5.9's, which is where I was at how many months ago. It feels good. I'm also really excited because I starting to do more crack climbing, and I tried out the straight crack. I went up smoothly at first, and then didn't slide my feet far enough in, slipped out, and scraped up my hands a bit, but I'm so excited to try it again! I think the crack climbing has helped my form as well, which is much needed. My biggest challenge at this point is increasing my endurance, which means that I should really start going to a gym on a regular basis again to work on my cardio. Soon....
Yesterday, we played a lot of Wii because Chris borrowed one from a co-worker. I have to say that I kicked Chris's butt in bowling. I had a 212 game - something I could never do in real life :) I am also getting better at tennis. Chris and I played on a team against the computer and were kicking some butt there too. It's a lot of fun, and we'll have to get one someday.
I'm getting close to the end of one of my socks (I'm knitting a pair for myself now). The needles felt so tiny when I first started, but I'm used to them now. I post a picture once they are done. I chose some really neat yarn that is different shades of greens and had black in it that creates stripes. Chris asked me to knit him a pair after I'm done.
I'm happy to report that the apartment is feeling a little bit more like home, still not completely, but a little bit more so. After putting up the tree and taking it down, it's the start of a tradition. What I really want to do is rearrange the "office". I just have to figure out a time when I can force Chris to do it with me, before he starts shooting again! (hint hint Chris)
This afternoon I'm going to use one of my gifts from Chris's parents: a massage. I'm excited, in a very relaxed way of course. I figured I had better post before going there. I'm looking forward to a really relaxing afternoon, full of resting, knitting, and reading.
Did I mention that I am addicted to knitting now? I'm excited to teach myself how to crochet too... The possibilities for projects are endless. I have been picking up books of patterns just about every time we've gone to Half Price Books in the past few months. And I've been finding lots of cute patterns on the Internet too. It's really fun, relaxing, and rewarding.
Till next time...
30 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where the hell is Moms snowmans head?!!!!
Cleaning out the office eh? I think we should take 6-7 months to really figure out what we want to do with it....
Post a Comment