We had some our friends over to watch Badder Santa (tator tot hotdish and beer set the mood). Saturday night we went over to our friends' apartment for a pre-Christmas party. The rest of the weekend was for relaxing. I read a lot; just finished The Golden Compass (the one that was just made into a movie and is controversial). It's the first of a trilogy and I really want to read the other two books, but couldn't find them during out latest trip to Half Price Books. So for all of you looking for Christmas gift ideas for me - wink wink. hee hee
Another accomplishment of mine was finishing my first sock! I will put pictures up once I complete them, but I'm not sure if I want to since they are going to be a Christmas present for my mom (she already knows about them). I will likely wait. Turning the heel and creating the gusset was goddamn difficult, and after about four tries and watching knitting-help videos on the Internet, I got it. I have full confidence in myself now though. I think one of the most important things about knitting is finding a good pattern. Each time we've been going to the bookstore, I've been looking through their selection of knitting pattern books. It's kinda hard to find a book with a lot of patterns you like.
Anyway, I'm enjoying knitting more and more. It's challenging and relaxing at the same time. It's neat to have a hobby where you can make a lot of really cool things.
2 comments:
congrats - the only socks i've done are stockings :) which i will post as soon as i get them assembled. i agree with you on the pattern books... which is why i tend to get them from the library and copy the ones i like (gasp!), if i don't like a significant portion of the book.
Wow - I look great on the bike while cheering my second fav team in the NFL.
Post a Comment