06 December 2007

Busy-ness

After starting officially last week, my days have been flying by. I'm getting oriented in a number of projects and am working on a million little ones. It's kind of nice to have the days go by that quickly. The exciting news is that I'm going to move to a cubicle with a window next week! The reason I'm getting one by the window is that the other new guy doesn't want the slow computer that's in that cubicle, and since I value natural light more than computer speed, I said I would take it. I'm excited!

Other than that, we've been busy getting ready for the holidays and running around doing stuff. Soon I will make my own Christmas cookies, which I'm excited about. I'm going to make the traditional peanut butter blossoms, cookie candies, and Russian teacakes I think. Yummy goodness.

I started making socks for my mom, ones that I said I would make a few months ago already. I've been too intimidated to start them before now. But now that I have a few hats under my belt, I feel more confident in my skills and ability to learn. The first round failed, but I found a website with a video showing how to do the part I was having trouble with, so I think I will get it this time.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, cookies! Need any unskilled labor?