25 November 2007

Crazy Knitter

I just knit three hats in three days. Granted one was the practice run and didn't turn out big enough and actually didn't perfectly follow the pattern (it just barely fits my head), but still! I started out by knitting Chris a hat. He wanted one with the Gophers colors for when he's shooting outdoor sports. I had gotten the yarn a couple of weeks ago and found a great pattern on the Internet, so I tried out the pattern this weekend (a lot of relaxing over Thanksgiving weekend). You know how that one turned out.

I tried it again, only this time I actually did the pattern correctly and added 20 rows to the top so that it actually fit Chris's head. Here is the end result:


Great pose huh? hee hee

Then Kim asked if I wanted to check out the yarn shop with her, and I couldn't resist. Of course I found some alpaca yarn that would go well with my new jacket (the one I bought last year). I had to get it. When I was there, I also found a hat pattern that I really liked. So after we got back to the apartment yesterday, I knit this:


The color in this picture isn't its true color because I left the flash off when I took it (it's easier to see the pattern that way). It's a pumpkin color, and super soft and warm. I think I'm in love :)

It's amazing how much faster smaller projects like these go. When I was making throws for people, each one took about a month. Craziness. And yes Mom, I'm going to start working on your socks today. You might have them by Christmas (hee hee).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive! Hope my socks look half that good. You sure have picked up the knitting easy enough. Hopefully you are enjoying the projects. Love Mom