Here's a map of the route so you can see where we rode (I'm terrible at explaining those kinds of things):
Chris said that I didn't look happy the entire ride, but the truth is I like doing those kinds of activities, but I really have to focus on breathing. Today was more of a mental challenge than a physical one because whenever my asthma kicks in, which is often, I have to calm myself down and focus on slowing my breathing down. I get frustrated whenever this happens, but have not found a way to prevent it except for not doing activities like riding, which I'm not willing to do. I have found that I can train my lungs to withstand a great deal of cardio without freaking out, but it takes a long time to build up that kind of endurance. I had it a couple of years ago, but my time was consumed my second year of grad school and I didn't dedicate the time or money to keep myself in that great of shape. Now I'm trying to slowly get myself back into shape. I'm thinking that I might bike into work more frequently because this cooler weather is incredible to bike in and it would save me money on bus passes. I also am going to try to get myself in a routine of going on walks during the week so I can enjoy this weather while it lasts. We'll see if I'm actually committed to it. If not, I will continue to enjoy the bike riding that I do now and only complain about my breathing to myself and Chris (sorry Chris!).
3 comments:
I heard you had signed up for the Iron-Man next year. Don't tell me I heard that wrong...
hm. doesn't sound like a fun sunday afternoon activity to me... but to each their own, right?
glad you are enjoying knitting :)
I think walks are good too - especially if they involved DQ somewhere in them!
For most of the ride, I wasn't sure you were enjoying it, so I'm glad you were. Just for the record - it was Michelle's idea to do it - this is not a case of the biker boyfriend dragging people out for a ride =)
It was a fun time with over 4000 riding - but not all did the burly route we did. Some opted for 15 measely miles.
Post a Comment