These final weeks of my academic career are quite interesting. I'm attempting to juggle all of my schoolwork, including the writing of my professional paper; trying to keep on top of all of the school paperwork that needs to be filled out (why they don't have it online, I don't know); trying to figure out where I want to move; and I'm supposed to be looking for a job at the same time? That can turn out to be a full-time job in and of itself. But I'm not complaining - I'm almost done!!!!! It's just a lot to try to keep straight. Hopefully I'll continue to remember to write things down - I don't know what I would do without a planner.
Job update: nothing to update about. I have started looking around for organizations that sound interesting, but have only applied to a couple of places. I'm looking in a few geographical locations: the Twin Cities, Chicago, the Pacific Northwest, and out east (preferably not D.C. at this point). I would really like to be based somewhere and will think about starting up traveling overseas again when I've saved up some money. I would really like to start checking out the state parks around the U.S. and do some hiking and rock climbing (that's why I was thinking about the Pacific Northwest; I loved the ocean and mountains in Peru and am pretty sure that I would love it out there).
Even though D.C. houses a lot of international organizations that are doing the kinds of work that I'm interested in, I don't think I would like the politicized environment. But then again, who knows. I do know that I doubt I could afford living there at this point unless I fooled an employer into giving an extremely well-paying job. There's always New York...
So basically what I'm saying, which will likely freak out my parents, is that I really don't know where I want to go or what kind of work that I want to do. I'm up for a lot of different possibilities. We'll see where the wind takes me.
25 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment