21 March 2007

RA update

You thought it was over didn't you? So did I! When we sent in the research for my research assistantship, I thought the position was over. But no! Then came the announcement that we were asked to present our research for the State and Local Policy Program Brown Bag event, an informal gathering of whoever wants to hear about what you're presenting on. So there was the preparation for that and a complete revision of the paper to make it look pretty (that was my job).

The presentation was this afternoon and we started out with an audience of about 12 including faculty, interested outsiders, and students. I just presented a little bit about the research I did regarding Indiana's state investment in R&D, but I was still nervous about it. I attempted to exert confidence though, which I think I did.

Next we are going to meet with the Dean to hopefully get some more funding so that us RAs get paid for all of the overtime that we put in. So we're going to make the report even prettier by producing a bound copy. It will be lovely. I'm close to being done with it! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - I'm sure it will get easier each time you present. Did it go as well as you had hoped it would? I'm sure I would have been proud of you had I been there. Love You - Mom