After my half marathon, I decided to push myself even farther. I decided to sign up for Grandma's Marathon on June 16th. This marathon has a particularly special place in my heart since I went to school in Duluth and volunteered at it, where I saw my high school English teacher run past. I remember in high school the week after a marathon, that same English teacher walking around in sandals and telling us all about how much pain his feet were in, and I remember thinking "Why would anyone do that to themselves?" Hee hee
As I've probably mentioned to you many times, I never would have believed I could do this. Now with each run, I feel stronger and stronger. I believe I can, and the strange thing is I'm actually enjoying it. I hit another personal record yesterday with an 18ish mile run, the farthest distance I've run yet. The farthest I'll be running in training is 20 miles, because it turns out that training for long distances is stressful for your body. Who knew?!
My only goal for Grandma's is to finish and to have fun doing it. Thanks for your support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Much cool. Let us knowif we can be of service.
Post a Comment