22 May 2012

Tomatoes and herbs

A couple of weekends ago, I bought a couple of different varieties of tomatoes with the hopes of successfully growing them in pots on the deck.  Given the forecast, I figured it would be safe to put them out.  Plus I can always lug the big, heavy pots inside if there's a threat of frost (says the girl in short and a tank top.)  The tomato experiment begins!

 
My herbs are all growing quite well:


The oregano is definitely one I'll need to put outside as soon as it starts warming up outside.  As an experiment last year, I plant a chunk of my oregano plant in the ground to see how it would do over winter.  The thing exploded when spring hit and I luckily read in one my gardening books that oregano is super aggressive (similar to mint or worse.)  I quickly dug it up and put it in a pot on the deck.  

No comments: