Bah, buh, BAH!
They have returned. Allergies that is. They have struck with a vengeance. My sinuses are completely full of nastiness; I have trouble breathing out of my nose; and I feel tired all the time. Oh Allergies, how I've missed you!
Completely unrelated to that is my apparently inability to focus. I feel as though I have no direction. I've been eagerly knitting for a bit, and then I'll get distracted by starting a new book, and then I'll decide that I should really finish the other book I'm already halfway through...oh wait, I should finish all the projects I have on my needles. It's getting a bit frustrating to say the least. I'm trying to figure out how to get re-focused.
Part of the issue is work: we were working a lot of overtime (including working two-and-a-half weeks straight). Then we got the budget out and the workload has not stopped. We haven't had a break. My coworker accurately described it as going through intense finals and not having the break that is supposed to follow. I'm finding myself becoming more removed because I literally have a difficult time thinking at work now. Luckily I got to test software most of last week which kept me productive. It was also a nice change of pace.
I'm thinking about what I want to accomplish in the next month. What I need to do is put them down on paper (my brain likes lists). Then I need to figure out how I can accomplish all the things on the list. Hopefully that will give me enough direction to feel somewhat grounded again.
As a side note: congrats to John and Maria!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't forget to list losing about $20 to me... :-)
Post a Comment