15 August 2010

Return of free time

Today is my first day off from work and I'm absolutely giddy! It's always crunch time the first two weeks in August, and this year has felt especially bad. The crappy thing is I've been putting in overtime since I don't know when. It's only gotten worse.

But today I'm free!!! I forced myself to sleep in until 7am - woohoo!!! Banjo was thrilled because I let him into bed. I'm going to the farmers market tomorrow morning with Kimmi which will be my first time shopping for food in how many weeks. In anticipation of my first day off in quite a long time, the weather decided to be perfect today. I'm immensely enjoying the cool breeze this morning.

I have other exciting news: I biked in 87-degree weather yesterday and didn't die! I have long had difficulty biking in temps greater than 76-degrees because I'm a wuss when it comes to heat. Yesterday it was different - I was mentally determined to bike because I was stressed about having to go into work yesterday for the second Saturday in a row. I felt fine until I stopped moving. When you're biking, you constantly have a slight breeze (and there were gusts of wind yesterday which was amazing). When you stop, no more breeze. Chris was incredible and cooled my craft room and had a smoothie waiting for me when I stepped in the door. Best husband ever!

I'm really looking forward to fall and doing some more yard work. There's lots to do still and I couldn't be more thrilled! The bee balm is attracting bees already and is starting to turn it's purple color. You're going to love it when you come down Mom!

I'm off to have adventures!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Looking forward to seeing it - 60 here this morning and loving it! Have a great day - say Hi to the boys

gina said...

yay for adventures :) and that was very sweet of him! glad that things are finally calming down a bit - and i loved our knitting lunch, per usual :)