06 February 2010

I love organizing

This morning I was trying to figure out what I wanted to accomplish this weekend.  Lately, since work has been mega brain intensive, I've wanted to do things that don't require much thought (namely knitting).  So this morning, I started by weeding out my binders of knitting patterns, recycling the ones that I have no intention of ever knitting.  It felt really good! 

In the process, I found a pattern I had forgotten about, but have been wanting to knit for some time: fingerless mittens.  I really liked the pattern, so I decided to cast on and I got one of the mittens done:
 

 

It always feels good to work on a quick project for that feeling of accomplishment.  What I also felt good about was the fact I found the yarn in my stash (from one of the bags of odds and ends I bought off Craigslist).  
Another accomplishment is I think I have finally gotten to a point in my knitting where I feel comfortable making changes to the pattern.  When I first started, there was no way I was going to do anything besides what the pattern said to for fear of ruining all the hard work (I ruined things anyway because of the mistakes every beginning knitter makes!).  Now, I modify as I see fit.  Proud day for me!

I've also found this in cooking.  Since I weeded through my recipes a while ago, I've been choosing one or two new recipes a week to try because I don't want to keep saving recipes that don't taste good.  I've had pretty good success so far, but am finding there are certain ingredients I don't like and certain ways of preparing things that completely differs from the recipes.  It has lead to some pretty savory discoveries.

2 comments:

Mom said...

They look nice - I like the design

gina said...

yay! i'm so proud ;)