15 February 2010

I also love three-day weekends

I had the best feeling ever this morning: I woke up around 6:45 with no alarm.  I love having a holiday!  This is a very enjoyable weekend.  We went to my parents for a couple of days (which translates to lots of yummy food) where I finally started Dad's socks and got close to finishing The Stand by Stephen King. 

For those of you who have read The Stand, it's so good!  And for those of you who haven't read the book, it's so good and you should read the uncut version!  The book was long, but I didn't notice because the story was so good!  It reminded me of The Storm of the Century in certain ways.  The book is about a superflu that kills most of the population, and what happens to the survivors.  Fascinating stuff and I highly recommend it.

I'm also recovering from the solution to my migraines - I had an IUD placed last Thursday which means I can have babies when/if I decide to AND have no more hormone-related migraines!  I know this information may make certain people uncomfortable, but I wanted to let people know so they can hopefully pass this information along.  It turned out my body had too much estrogen because of the birth control pills I was taking and my body's natural production.  That meant I almost always had a migraine once a month (at least).  My doctor suggested getting off the birth control pills for a couple months as a trial and I haven't had any migraines since.  That's when I too decided to get an IUD, which uses a low dose of a different hormone that hasn't been linked to migraines.  Plus I don't have to remember to take a pill every day and it lasts for five years.  Now you can hopefully pass on the word in case you know of other women suffering from migraines on a monthly basis. 

In other news, Banjo was a pretty good dog this weekend with Pokey.  The cat stayed locked up in my parents' bedroom the whole weekend...hee hee.  Banjo only growled at Pokey a few times, and he was super excited to get home.  It turns out he likes routines and his own space.  It's fun to visit, but he's ready when we get ready to leave.  He slept hard all the way home and all night.  It makes me feel good to know that he's making progress with both us and other dogs, because the beginning was a bit rough.  Totally worth it though :)

1 comment:

daddYman said...

You mean SUPER BANJO?