Time felt like it stood still this week - the weekend couldn't come quick enough.
We had some friends over for brinner (breakfast for dinner - watch Scrubs) and we found the table worked out perfectly. Because it's wide, it provides enough room for common dishes and things. I'm very happy with it. Now I am searching for a rug for the dining room, but I'm having a difficult time trying to find one I like on Craigslist. It will come up at some point.
We have nearly decided on a fence company, and I broke the news to the neighbors that we would have to cut down lilacs in order to put it up. The lilacs serve as a natural privacy screen for their deck right now, and it will suck to lose some of that, but it will grow back. I kept telling her I love the lilacs too and my plan is for them to grow around the fence. From what it sounded like, she and her husband have taken care of the lilacs over the years, trimming the larger ones, but they are almost completely over on our property. I think it's going to be a difficult transition for them. Ideas on how to smooth it over???
In other news, Chris and I switched our cell phone service to Credo, and are now on a family plan. We got to keep our numbers, so no change there. Mom and Dad, I suspect I will pretty much always be calling you on the weekend.
This weekend is going to be great - friends of ours are coming into town to visit!
04 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Offer to let them dig some of yours up to transplant on their own property. Sure hope you decided not to put a gate through to their property. I think you need to establish boundaries. Have a great weekend with you house guests.
Post a Comment