05 August 2009

Limbo Town

Being in Limbo Town sucks. I'm really stressed out at work (more in a bit) and so much of what we have can be packed up easily last minute. I'm basically waiting until late next week (or even the following week) to pack stuff up. I'm ready to move now!!!

Work is going poorly - we have to have the budget book to the printer Monday at noon and the Mayor hasn't even made final decisions yet! Mind you this is a 600-page document that needs to be reviewed by several people before we print. We're all going to have to work this weekend to pull it off. But what sent me over the edge was the application we use to report off of essentially broke yesterday. Our IT staff figured out we have a memory leak, so when they rebooted the server, everything magically ran. Grr....

I'm glad it's working, but I'm also nervous that something's going to break down again right before we have to print. Almost all of the financial data comes out of the system as reports, so if this application breaks down again and rebooting the server won't fix the problem, we're kinda screwed. The funny thing is that the issue isn't easily remedied. The software company said corruption (which is what it appeared to be) can be caused by a million different things and is actually common. Awesome. Exactly what I wanted to hear. They certainly didn't bring that up in their sales pitch. Grr...

I'm really looking forward to closing on the house and starting to move our stuff over. Limbo Town sucks.

1 comment:

Mom said...

RELAX - Everything will get done. Sounds like someone didn't research the software/computer purchase. Just pet your dog - they are supposed to be a great stress relief. Love Mom