11 February 2009

Community meetings done

I got through the community meetings - it made for really long days, but it was interesting. What was most interesting about them is how they were facilitated. The whole point of the meetings was to get feedback from citizens on priorities, and I naturally thought that there would be a lot of give and take. But that's not what happened and it was a lot more structured than I thought it should be. You can tell Finance wasn't facilitating - we would have focused on tradeoffs. It was still a good experience though.

On a not so good note, I've been having a hard time sleeping. I've been waking up a lot for the past three nights. This morning I woke up around 4:15 and finally gave up trying to get back to sleep after an hour. Grr... I have a feeling it has something to do with the warm weather. When will it get cold again??

I am really looking forward to Friday afternoon...

No comments: