Having the cold over the weekend has forced me to sit on the couch, and what better way to pass the time than knit! I'm extremely excited because after three frustratingly wrong tries, I finally got the bottom portion of the Christmas stockings right!
I was starting to get worried that I was going to continue to f*%k up that bottom portion. After every try, Chris lovingly said that people wouldn't be looking at the bottom part because the top part was so great. That wasn't good enough for me though. I will not give the people I love a crappy stocking!
It was especially frustrating because I know how to make socks! The reason I messed it up so many times was because the sheer size of these stockings made me think that I needed to do more decreasing than was necessary. In the end, I found that I only had to decrease for five rows for the gusset and that was enough to make my 92-stitch-CO stockings look right.
I have to say that this process is extremely rewarding because I got to design the whole stocking myself. I even expanded my horizons and used a round heel instead of the v heel. Crazy stuff.
After I finish off my dad's stocking, I have to fix the bottom portion of my mom's, then off to knit up Chris's stocking in secret (hopefully we can both resist the temptation of spoiling the surprise). I can't wait to put up pictures of these, but that won't happen until after Christmas :)
23 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment