26 December 2007

Best Christmas Ever!

Christmas was absolutely wonderful. Chris and I, after going to my family's Christmas party, drove up north to spend the weekend with my parents and Pokey. We got up Saturday night and stayed until about noon on Christmas Day. Chris drove, which was nice for me, and even though there was some crummy conditions at times, it went pretty well.

Being at home and spending time with my parents and Poke-a-doke was exactly what I wanted. It was great having Chris there to steal my pennies....oh yeah, and it was great to have Chris there in general :) My dad cleared off the skating pond on Sunday and me and Mom went skating in the beautiful sunshine on Christmas Eve morning. Chris was taking a ton of photos (which he has said he will try to get online this week). I realized that I'm glad he doesn't take a ton of pictures of me because he made me pose the same way five times in a row! But it was worth it because he took some funny pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing them all!

I really don't think Christmas could have been any better. Well, maybe if we didn't watch bad movies all weekend - and I'm not talking about A Muppet Christmas Carol, Dad! (That movie is my favorite Christmas show ever!)

I inherited a blanket that my mom started crocheting in the '70s, which I am going to try to put together (it's an intergenerational thing). I'm sure I will write all about my crochet adventures in future posts...

After spending a great weekend with my folks (with lots and lots of great food and teasing), Chris and I headed back to the apartment, unloaded the car, and immediately hit the road again to drive down to Chris's parents' house. I swear we got there as fast as we could Kim - I think she was a little excited to open the mounds of presents there. It was fun to trying to keep Buster from eating the dip and cookies. Dinner interrupted present-opening, and by the end, all of us were tired.

We got back home and went to bed at about 10. I have to admit that the entire day at work today I was thinking about my gifts and was excited to get to play with them! I have restrained myself and have not been driving Chris up the wall with mini piano playing (hee hee).

I will likely post something a little less scatterbrained later in the week. Until then, I hope all of you continue to enjoy the holiday season!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say that every year! Hope Christmas was all you expected - I really enjoyed the skating. It was such a beautiful morning. Dad, Pokey and I enjoyed having you home for the holiday - it wouldn't have been Christmas without you. I hope things slow down so you can enjoy the books - love my socks!!! Last night Dad asked why you took your cookies back home. I think he thought he would be set for the week - he is going through them really fast!

Christopher Mitchell said...

I didn't take your pennies! Well, perhaps I won some of your pennies, but I immediately lost them all to your dad!

Anonymous said...

Getting crochety in your old age, eh?

hehehehehehehehe