22 November 2007

Got a Job!!!

It's official: I am going to be a Financial Analyst with the City! I've been working as an intern for the past six months, and my official internship was going to end in a week. They essentially created this position for me (they like me, they really like me!). I interviewed for the job yesterday, and five minutes later, they called me in and offered it to me. Yippee!!!

I will be working on rate models (amounts that departments charge one another). While this may seem pretty uninteresting to most people, it will follow nicely with the project I have already been working on. I will likely start my job on Tuesday (Monday is a busy day).

It's such a relief to have this because I had only applied to two other positions, both of which I haven't heard back from yet. And to be honest, I was holding out to see what happened. I took a chance, and this time it turned out really well.

I think my parents are jazzed about this too because my mom already mentioned how I will now be able to reimburse her for my car insurance (yes, I have been spoiled for a really long time). The offer was a great way to start out a four-day weekend :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Super-congratulations to you on your internship-turned-job! I can only hope that my temp position performs the same magic trick in the next couple of months!

gina said...

congrats :)