31 May 2013

Welcome Moxie!

It's official - meet Moxie!  

Moxie is a bit of a pansy (scared of loud noises and unsure of Chris a lot of the time), but she's adorable.  Conner and her are two peas in a pod.  She's a little bit younger than Conner and still has the instinct to chew.  One time we decided to let her have free reign of the house, just like Conner.  When we came back, we found a chewed-up cord in the living room.  Luckily it was not a cord to an electrified appliance!  

Conner and Moxie have started to snuggle when they sleep!  It's incredible and amazingly sweet.  They love chasing each other around the backyard.  Chris correctly noted that we likely won't have much lawn left at the end of the summer, at least in certain places.  

We've had her for a couple of weeks now.  It's an adjustment having two.  I have to plan stuff out more, like separating them when they eat, managing two leashes on a walk, figuring out how to train each of them separately.  It's made me realize how much more I need to train them!  At least she knows her name now (she's was previously Trixie, and before that, Dixie, but she never knew her name, so I renamed her - think she'll have an identity crisis?). 

I'm hoping to have some better photos this summer.  Neither of them is a fan of getting their picture taken.  You'd think I was torturing them whenever I snap a photo!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

What a couple cuties! If you have access to stream netflix, cesar milan has an entire season of dogs with training issues on it. Im trying several techniques on bella and having great success. Bella is anxious around men,and with cesar,we are getting her more comfortable. Bella was also a chewer,but a few months of using a crate when I left allowed her to see she wasnt going back to the pound,ever.nothing beats a real home.

daddYman said...

Welcome to the family, Moxie