25 November 2011

Turkey Trot

I ran my first 5k yesterday thanks to Kimmi! A while ago, she suggested that we as a family do the Minneapolis Turkey Trot, a 5k fun run the morning on Thanksgiving. I secretly have always wanted to do a 5k, but never went through with it.

It was absolutely beautiful yesterday morning! There were a host of interesting costumes (including dogs in costumes which is almost always fun). The best part was Kim ran with me the whole way, thereby distracting me. Had she not done that, I likely wouldn't have run the whole thing (my mind gets in the way).

Afterwards, I felt fantastic and didn't test my stomach's capacity even though there was lots of good food for Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the great suggestion and all the support Kimmi!

1 comment:

gina said...

Congrats! Chris said he wants to do it every year :)