23 January 2011

Another fun weekend

It seems as though we've been getting together with friends more often lately. I suppose most people are getting tired of being cooped up by the cold and need some kind of escape. I celebrated with at a friends' baby shower (co-ed showers are quite fun) and we got to see our long-lost and often inappropriate friends that moved out of state a while ago. It was great fun!

I am slowly working through my large stash of yarn. I want to get it down a lot before I buy more without having a project in mind. I have amassed quite a collection of remainders, leftovers from projects past. The small bits come in quite handy from time to time, but an entire drawer is filled with them and I am bound to create more! In the back of my mind, I keep mulling over the idea of trying to knit another sweater for myself (preferably one that would actually fit me!). I have a particular pattern in mind and have enough yarn to make it. I've just wanted to work through more of my non-dedicated stash first. Of course, there is lots of baby stuff to work on since so many of our friends are pregnant. I have had lots of fun planning and creating. Here's my latest creation: Mango the Giraffe

2 comments:

gina said...

i need to work through my stash too... maybe when you come help me organize my new craft room, we can come up with project ideas for the massive amount of yarn that is sitting there ;) soon to accumulate a bit more, since i decided i can't make the colors for the baby blanket work (the computer color for the yellow was much lighter, and i just don't think the gold & turquoise work).

still on for tuesday knitting?

Mom said...

So - Mango - he has a name