This weekend was full of gardening and other yard work. I dug up the shrubs in the bed against the garage and set out to prep the bed for some of the native plants I bought last weekend. I'm determined to get rid of that red pumice, so what did I do? I dug out all of the pumice from the bed against the garage and added it to the bed against the back of the house! I will get rid of it eventually...
I got the plants in the ground and officially started my adventure in outdoor gardening! I've had houseplants forever and never enjoyed gardening - ask my mom. But there is a great satisfaction when it's your own. I felt great satisfaction when I got the first plants in the ground.
Chris got the bird feeder post in the ground - it's replacing the shepard's hook we were using. This way, we can have feeders on all sides if we want to. When we went out to more hooks, we also stopped by the bird store to get an oriole feeder. We're hoping to attract some - Chris has gotten some amazing photos of the orioles at my parents' and he'd love to get some here too. We're going to put out the hummingbird feeder soon too. All sorts of activity here!
While I had my camera out, I took some pictures around the house to document what everything looks like this time of year:
It feels so good to lay in the sun!
16 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment