Chris, Banjo and I finally got up to my parents this past weekend to celebrate Christmas - we didn't go last weekend because of the potential Snowmaggedon. I finished the animals' stockings finally - I made one for Pokey, Banjo and Slasher, complete with their name.
We opened presents on Friday evening (at my insistence of course). We all greatly enjoyed Chris's calendars and great fun was had by all...including Banjo who attacked the cat while we were upstairs. To all of our surprise, Slasher did not slash Banjo - instead, I had to break it up. The cat spent the rest of the night behind the toilet and the rest of the weekend in the bedroom with the door closed. Banjo tried to convince us he just wanted to say hi, but we didn't fall for it.
There was a lot of really great food: Mom made Snickerdoodles for Chris and Russian Teacakes for me. Plus she made broccoli bake (my most favorite side dish ever) and waffles and everything else under the sun. So good.
Pokey and Slasher and Santa got me pennies for penny poker (I have the reputation for not having many pennies in my jar). This time, I came away with some pretty big wins - big wins for penny poker of course. We also started a jigsaw puzzle Saturday morning after stockings were opened since the power was out and the sun was up. I of course chose one of the most difficult ones: polar bears in the snow. Needless to say, we didn't finish by the time we left today, so we'll see if my parents finish it (hee hee).
Happy New Year to all!
03 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was a great weekend! Thanks also to Jim and Mary's battery charger or our car would still be sitting in the driveway =) I wouldn't have minded some more time up there, but after I got the previous week off, my boss would have been legitimately upset.
It was friggin cold!
We got the Polar Bears done and some of the ice - think it will be a few nights yet!
Post a Comment