Shocker: I'm knitting a lot lately (more than usual). As I mentioned before, I'm working on Christmas stockings for my family and last week I started my first one. Of course it's taking more time than originally anticipated which is mainly due to all of the color changes and the fact that I'm making these fairly large. I sized everything out before I even cast on, but I'm still kind of surprised at how big it looks now.
The first stocking I'm working on is turning out great! Even though I was really excited about how the stockings looked on paper, they are turning out even better than what I planned. It's going to take many, many hours to finish these so it's actually not such a bad thing that my IT band has been bugging me (it's getting better, mainly because I've been resting it a lot).
I've also been watching Grey's Anatomy Season Four from Netflix which has made the time just fly by while knitting. I have been measuring the progress in my knitting by the length of one show. Ridiculous, but fun.
25 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't wait to see them. Yes, whenever you make it up for the holidays is fine. Just let us know when to expect you.
Hmmmmmm - tube socks, 8 pair for $1.99 at K-Mart.
Post a Comment